At the end of 2018, Kaspersky turned to FIBARO with a proposal to test the security of FIBARO devices. As a result of cooperation, potentially vulnerable security aspects of the smart home system were noticed by Kaspersky experts. Cybercriminals are looking for more and more recent ways to takeover and use the latest available tools. Therefore, a secure system is one that is constantly developed and updated including continuous work on its improvement, therefore FIBARO will update both the software of the devices as well as cloud environment in order to increase security in areas developed together with Kaspersky.
Importance of cybersecurity
Mobile devices and computers make life extremely easy to us. Using tech turned into a command center or even a personal assistant. They are present in most of our daily task, speed up our work or even do things for us. However, because there is so much information and extremely personal apps, including banking or social media, it is crucial to protect devices from cybercriminals. FIBARO experts understand how important the issue of safety is. Therefore, they are constantly working to ensure the highest data security level. For these reasons, FIBARO cooperates with the largest providers of digital security.
Working with Kaspersky
FIBARO is extremely committed to develop proper safety of our customers data. We are constantly working to ensure the highest possible security level of our smart home system and take down 100% of hacking attacks.
— says Bartłomiej Arcichowski, Member of the Board of FIBARO.
This is why we value the knowledge of Kaspersky which is why we decided to cooperate with their team. Audits conducted by teams specializing in system security allow to identify even the smallest security flaws. Lets keep in our minds that the Internet of Things infrastructure is a complex system that needs to operate smoothly across multiple layers of communication while maintaining the convenience of use. Therefore, working and developing securing improvements to FIBARO System is a continuous process to which we gather the best experts.
— adds Bartłomiej Arcichowski.
How to maximize your safety?
User safety is a must have to any IT company. To make sure that everyone keeps safety standards we have listed some useful tips on how to increase safety and resistance of your devices and system to hacker attacks.
- Use variety of long and difficult passwords for different services. Do not use the same password with different accounts.
2. Do not share passwords and login details to anyone.
3. Do not share serial numbers of devices to anyone.
4. Do not leave your smartphone, laptop, computer, tablet and other devices unlocked when you are away from it.
5. Do not visit links in emails from unknown sources.
6. Don’t visit any suspicious, often sensational links on social media or even in messages from friends — they can be sent by a hacker or botnets.
7. Check carefully the addresses of the emails you receive. Scammers are getting better and better in impersonating credible senders.
8. Update your devices according to the recommendations of service providers.
9. Check the information on the websites of service providers and manufacturers. They often report data hacking attempts.
10. Use a high-end security router and keep up-to-date all the software working on it including all devices connected to the network or with any means of communication, such as Bluetooth.